Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Picks 2/5

We're about an hour away from kick-off, so I'm going to make this quick.

I had the opportunity to talk to some City Council members before Mayor Scott Johnson's State of the City address (more on that in my next post) and asked them probably the easiest question I'll ask them all year: Who do they like in the Super Bowl? Answers below.

Mayor Scott Johnson: The Giants, of course. I'm going to say 27-17. I've always been a Giants fan. To me, the choice is easy. Four years ago I gave my first State of the City address and I had to give it on the morning of the Super Bowl. That was in 2008, when the Giants beat the Patriots the last time they met in the Super Bowl. That's an omen, I guess.

Accounts Commissioner John Franck: I'm a season ticket holder for the Giants and I've been a fan since I was a little kid. We barely made the playoffs, but we're getting hot at the right time. Giants, 27-23. Ed. note: Franck wore a New York Giants hat to the address. Took it off during the speech, but put it back on immediately following his television interviews.

Public Works Commissioner Skip Scirocco: I'm going to be the hometown guy and root for the Giants. I think it's probably going to be a three-point spread one way or the other. I'm hoping it's as exciting as the other playoff games.

Public Safety Commissioner Christian Mathiesen: I like the Giants and the Patriots, but I'm probably more of a Patriots fan than a Giants fan. Patriots, 30-27.

Finance Commissioner Michele Madigan didn't attend the speech for family reasons and was therefore unavailable for comment. Either way, Giants take the majority.

More elected officials after the jump.


Saratoga Springs Supervisor Matthew Veitch: I'm picking the Giants. I'm a Jets fan and I hate the Patriots, our arch rivals, so if I had to take one I have to take the Giants. I'll say 24-17.

Saratoga Springs Supervisor Joanne Yepsen: Giants. I think it's going to be close, but I hope the Giants can pull it off.

Assemblyman Jim Tedisco, R-Glenville: Both teams have a lot of good passers and a lot of good receivers out there. Giants by six, 34-28.

Before I forget: I received a call earlier today from a woman who told me that her niece, India Julius, welcomed a baby girl into the world at 3:48 a.m. Sunday at Glens Falls Hospital.

Julius and the father, Robert Rugar, both of Gansevoort, are die-hard Giants fans who kept saying their baby was going to come on Super Bowl Sunday. Isabell Lee Rugar is 7 lbs., 4.3 ounces and just over 20 inches. Mom and Dad think it's a sign for the Giants.

What about you guys?

Until next time,

MC

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home