Thursday, February 2, 2012

Welcome to Saratoga County... Observer 2/2

Salutations, all.

Welcome to Saratoga County Observer, a blog designed to supplement The Saratogian's coverage of our namesake county. My name is Michael Cignoli and I'll be responsible for updating this blog with anecdotes and insights into the issues surrounding governments in Ballston, Malta, Milton, Greenfield and beyond.

I've been with the paper for a little more than eight months, my first day on the job coming two days after I graduated from Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

We settled on the name "Saratoga County Observer" because my beat primarily focuses on the Saratoga County Board of Supervisors. I don't really supervise at the county because I don't direct any work, but I do observe what the supervisors do and relay what their decisions ultimately mean to Saratoga County residents.

Here's what I think of this blog as: Say I ran into you in the parking lot after leaving an event or a Town Board meeting. You ask me "What happened in there?" I tell you. That's basically what I do now for our print stories, but there I'm limited to how much information I can fit into a given story.

For the blog, I have an endless amount of flexibility. Look here for more reaction from supervisors and town officials throughout the county. I'm also planning some multimedia angles as well, but I don't want to tip my hat just yet. Still finalizing those details.

This is very informal, so by all means feel free to comment and offer suggestions as to what you'd like to see improved. You can also follow me on Twitter @MCSaratogian. Saratogian sportswriter Stan Hudy says that sounds like the name of a terrible rapper. Haters gon' hate.

Until next time,

MC

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home